This is my urban back yard, as viewed from the back fence looking towards the house. See if you can spot:
- Two sparse beds of strawberries trying to re-establish themselves
- The curly water hose that I used to wet the fast compost pile
- My cold frame, which has seemed unnecessary this year as we stopped getting freezing temps 6 weeks early
- The row of peas that will grow up the barn-red tree house trellis
- My messy back porch that I will tackle as soon as I get the garage cleaned up this weekend.
The yard slopes down to the south, with a creek beyond my back fence. Most of the garden is between 4 and 8 feet below the level of the house, so I would have great water pressure if I set up rain barrels. They’re just so expensive! I need to make DIY rain barrels!